Design and Technology at Elms Farm
Design and Technology is about providing opportunity for children to use creativity and imagination to design and make products that solve real and relevant problems, considering their own and others' needs.
Making mistakes is a huge part of Design and Technology and integral to learning.
- To develop imaginative thinking in children and to enable them to talk about what they like and dislike when designing and making;
- To enable children to talk about how things work, and to draw and model their ideas;
- To encourage children to select appropriate tools and techniques for making a product, whilst following safe procedures;
- To foster enjoyment, satisfaction and purpose in designing and making;
- To use ICT software to assist our designing and learning.
Remote Learning in Design and Technology
We continue to provide our Design and Technology curriculum throughout remote teaching. In response to our community, we know that Design and Technology lessons need to be adapted and flexible as resources may be limited at home. We are tracking the teaching that has been provided during home learning so that we can identify gaps in learning so we can cover these when we return back to school.
Have a look at some of our 'Lockdown Learning' in Design and Technology below.